Wednesday, July 29, 2009

When it's fun, it works...


So I've been overwhelmed with my new camera in a good AND bad way. I'm such an impatient person, and also a perfectionist about certain things -- so combining those traits with a fancy, highly technical tool and only one week under my belt has made for some serious anxiety.

Thankfully, I returned to common sense yesterday and relaxed and reminded myself that it should be FUN.

Zoey and I headed to the downtown park and I snapped away the whole time. She picked flowers, rolled in the grass, ran from my tickles and played with other kids.

We both got sweaty and red-faced.

In the end, I got some beautiful pictures that will remind me of the nice time we had.
The storyboard above: Zo wanted to decorate her shoes with the pink flowers. I thought it was so sweet and VERY typically girly.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I know how frustrating it is to photograph kids, especially your own. I read your previous post about the balloons and I have been there. It NEVER works out as planned and something always goes wrong. I'm new to photography as well and I learn a new skill every day. Just keep practicing and you'll get that shot you're after!
    Hana

    ReplyDelete